It can be challenging to know how to find the right eye doctor for you. Here are 5 easy tips to help you choose the right eye care specialist:
- Location! It might help you narrow your selection of potential eye doctors to start by looking close to home. This is especially good in case you need a next day appointment (for example, if you think something got in your eye, or you wake up with symptoms of pink eye!). We offer locations in Belle Meade and Hendersonville, TN.
- Office hours. It won’t do you any good to find a doctor if they aren’t open when you need them to be! Make sure to check and make sure the office you are considering has office hours that work for your schedule.
- Services offered. Checking to make sure an eye doctor can offer what you need is important when selecting an eye care professional. Do you want an appointment for your child? Make sure your eye doctor offers pediatric care! Are you struggling with low vision? Make sure your eye doctor specializes in low vision treatment. Need new glasses? Make sure the office has a wide selection of frame choices to fit your style!
- Consider your insurance. If you have vision insurance, check to be sure that your plan is accepted by your eye doctor’s office. If it is not, be sure to inquire about the cost associated with services so you are prepared at the end of your visit.
- Make sure you’re comfortable! Once you select an eye doctor and go to your first appointment, you can decide whether you were comfortable at the office. You should be comfortable with the doctor, the staff, the environment, and the care you received.