New Eyezen Lenses
We are now offering the new Eyezen lenses to protect against harmful blue light.
First things first, what is harmful blue light? Blue light is a portion of the visible light spectrum with the shortest wavelengths and highest energy. Ok, so what does that mean? Since there is higher energy, it makes these rays capable of producing changes to the skin or even the eyes.
Here are a few facts about the blue light and how it can affect the eyes:
- The eyes are not very good at blocking this blue light out. Most visible blue light passes through the cornea and lens and reaches the retina.
- Too much exposure to blue light can damage light sensitive cells in the retina and therefore increase the risk of macular degeneration.
- The blue light contributes to digital eye strain when looking at digital devices for extended periods of time.
We need to protect our vision and Essilor has created a lens where is does just that, called Eyezen.
What makes Eyezen different than other lenses?
- It defends against eye strains associated with device use. It contains a small amount of accommodative relieve to help alleviate eye strain when looking at a device.
- Eyezen lenses reduce exposure to harmful blue light that comes from devices. The Smart Blue Filter is used which is clear in it’s color and appearance.
- Eyezen lenses are an enhanced, everyday pair of single vision lenses.
For additional information, go to www.eyezenpro.com . Ask one of our eye doctors if Eyezen is a good fit for you for viewing digital devices and protecting against the harmful blue light. We have 5 convenient locations across Middle Tennessee. Give us a call today to find out more!0 Comments