May is Healthy Vision Month
According to the National Eye Institute (NEI), 2 out of 3 people with blindness and visual impairments are women. Here are some ways to keep your eyes healthy and safe.
- Get a comprehensive dilated eye exam. Many common eye diseases have no early symptoms, but they can be detected during a dilated eye exam.
- Know your family history. Talk to your family members about their eye health history.
- Wear Sunglasses. Choose sunglasses that block out 99-100% of both UV and UVB radiation.
- Quit smoking or don’t start smoking. This lowers your risk for eye disease.
- Wear protective eyewear around the house or at work to prevent eye injuries.
- Eat healthy foods like dark leafy greens and fish that are high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon.
- Live and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Call or schedule online to set up a comprehensive eye exam with one of our eye doctors at one of our 5 convenient locations in middle Tennessee. Spread the word about keeping your eyes healthy. Your eyes are just as important as the rest of your body.0 Comments