At Optometric Physicians of Middle Tennessee, we encourage our patients to prolong the life of their eyewear with continued care. Here are some easy tips for care of your eyeglasses:
- Clean your eyewear with professional eyeglass cleaner and lens care products available at Eyes on Belle Meade Fashion Optical. Don’t use common household cleaning products, such as window cleaners or dish soaps, to clean your lenses, as these are designed for very different surfaces. (If your lenses are overly dirty with physical dirt particles, rinse them under water first.)
- Start your day off right. Give your lenses a thorough cleaning with our liquid cleaner and a clean microfiber cloth.
- Pre-moistened lens cloths are great for removing midday smudges. These towelettes feature the same advanced cleaning formula as our eyeglass cleaner and are available in packs of 18 or 60. Carry a pack with you for convenient, on-the-go cleaning.
- Store your glasses in a case to protect against accidental damage.
- Use a microfiber cloth to gently clean your eyewear. When the cloth is not in use, keep it safe from dust and other particles that could transfer to and damage your lenses. To remove the dirt particles and skin oils trapped within it, wash your microfiber cloth routinely according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Use both hands to remove and put on your glasses to keep your frames properly aligned.